Current print journals are located in the Periodicals Room, on the 4th floor.
Older issues should be requested through the Catalogue (in a small number of cases by completing a paper request form). Items requested through the Fetch Service are brought to the Service Desk for collection. Please note that all printed journals are for reference use only.
Finding a journal
Click the Catalogue link to access an electronic journal (red highlight). The Catalogue indicates which years we have. If the journal is available in print, ‘Request’ it via the Fetch Service (yellow highlight). Current issues are usually held in the 4th floor Periodicals Room – the catalogue shows which shelf bay (green highlight). All printed journals are for reference use only within the library.
Other search options
- Search multiple journals at once (grouped by subject, eg: Art, History, Psychology, etc)
- Browse the shelves in the Periodicals Room using this list of subjects (with bay locations)
- Find detailed information about journals by title or subject
- Identify journal title abbreviations
- Search COPAC (for journals Senate House Library does not hold)