Collection strengths include European art, architecture, aesthetics, ceramics, graphic art and the history of photography.
- Most Art History books are located on the 5th floor. In the 5th floor South Reading Room, there are two sequences (octavo and folio).
- Recent issues of periodicals are on display in the Periodicals Room (North Reading Room), 4th floor.
- Most back issues of periodicals and some monographs are shelved in the stacks. These will display the location Stack Service. Please request these through the Catalogue using the Fetch Service.
The Collection is complimented by an excellent range of Databases. Researchers should begin with Oxford Art Online and ArtStor, and the key bibliographic database for research; BHA: the Bibliography of the History of Art. For a more complete list View list of Art History databases.
- Manuscript and Print Studies for book illustration and medieval illuminated manuscripts. [TODO link to these pages when created]
- Art monographs held in United States Studies and Latin American Studies [TODO link to these pages when created]
- Reference works: dictionaries, encyclopaedias and guides shelved in the Art collection, ART 5th Floor South Reading Room.
The Art collection is organised according to Bliss classification which begins with ‘V’. A full classmark can be browsed or downloaded.