- Click Start > Control Panel
- Double click Network & Sharing Centre
- Once the Network & Sharing Centre opens click Manage wireless network.
- In the Manage Wireless Networks dialogue window click Add
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Enter uol-open in the Network name text box.
- Select WPA-Enterprise from the Security type selection drop-down and an Encryption type of TKIP. The Start this connection automatically checkbox needs a tick in it. Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings
- The property page for the wireless connection just created opens. Enable ‘Connect automatically when this network is in range’ and ‘Connect to a more preferred network if available’.
- Switch to the security tab of this property page to verify you have the setting. Click the Settings… command button.
- Untick the Validate server certificate and tick Enable Fast Reconnect checkboxes. Click the Configure… command button. Untick the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click OK.
- Click the buttons of any open dialogue windows.
Important For Windows 7 users
Untick Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged on. Click on Advanced Settings, tick Specify Authentication Mode and select User Authentication. Click OK and close.
- You should see a pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen asking you to provide login credentials. Enter the login details (username is your membership number and password is your surname in lower case) remembering to leave the Login domain textbox blank. If the credentials are correct you should get connected to the open wireless network.