Library members are able to connect to wifi (wireless network) from all areas inside the Library.
This is the information you will need to access wifi:
Wireless: UoL Libraries
Username: Membership number
Password: Last name
Regulations and Code of Conduct
The Library wireless network is provided by the University of London Computer Centre. Consequently, all users must adhere to ULCC’s terms and conditions, must agree to abide by the Janet Acceptable Use Policy, and the University of London’s Equality Policy.
Should you not comply with the above regulations, your access may be either suspended or terminated.
How to connect to wifi
Even if you have previously used wireless networking with Windows, you will not be able connect to our network from View Available Wireless Networks. It is necessary to set up the connection details manually by following the instructions below.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 and Vista
- Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Apple macOS (OSX)
- Chrome OS (Chromebook) / Android OS
- Linux / Ubuntu
- iPhone or iPad
- Android device
- Windows phone
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, please check that the last part of the process has been completed properly.
- Please ensure that your surname is typed in lower case.
- Try refreshing your adapter by going into Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Network Adapters and disable your wireless adapter. Leave a moment and then enable – this refreshes your adapter settings.
- Every now and again – although it is rare – the network might not be available due to technical problems. If this happens and the service is temporarily unavailable, please be patient as the service should soon resume.
- Some Snow Leopard users have reported problems logging on to wifi with Airport: this is resolved by restarting Airport or restarting the device.
If you have any questions about the wireless network please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
You may also connect to the wireless network using the Eduroam service if your home institution is a member. You must set this up before coming to the Library as staff are not able to assist with setting up authentication to your home institution.