There are copiers on floors 4, 5 and 6, which can produce paper photocopies or PDF files. Add printing credit to your Library card online or at the 4th floor Service Desk. Please note, unused credit is non-refundable.
|Photocopy – black and white||£0.05 per page||£0.10 per page|
|Photocopy – colour||£0.25 per page||£0.50 per page|
|PDF – black and white or colour||£0.04 per scan||£0.04 per scan|
When copying, please make sure you comply with UK copyright law. Unless you have the permission of the copyright owner or the item is not subject to copyright, it is advisable to ensure you do not:
- Copy more than around 5% of a book, journal or other item.
- Distribute copies – either physically or electronically.
- Use copies for any purpose other than non-commercial research or private study, criticism, review or reporting current events.
To avoid damaging library materials, please observe the following when copying or scanning:
- Avoid applying pressure; press down gently on the covers rather than the spine.
- Do not copy items that are more than 100 years old.
- Do not copy items that are larger than A3, or too heavy to handle comfortably.
- Do not copy items that are fragile, tightly bound or damaged.
You can order copies of material unsuitable for self-service photocopying through our Document Supply service.
You can print from laptops and desktop machines using our PaperCut service.
In order to save paper, you may prefer to save e-journal articles to a USB or send to yourself via email, rather than printing them out.
|Black and white||£0.05 per page||£0.10 per page|
|Colour||£0.25 per page||£0.50 per page|
Sending a document or web page to print
- Visit the PaperCut print page.
- Logon with your username and password. Your username is the same as your membership number. Your password is the last 6 digits of the card number, as displayed on the reverse of the card near the top.
- To use Driver Print you will need to download and install the printer driver
View our PaperCut print guide for help.
- Documents will remain in the print queue for 48 hours.
- Documents can be released at any of the machines, located in the 4th floor Service Hall, on the 5th floor next to the Tower Lift and on the 6th floor outside the accessibility suite by the customer lift.
- You will need to use your Library card in order to release print jobs. Follow the instructions next to the machines.
- Please note, machines are switched off 15 minutes before the Library closes.